Track Your Metrics Data Protection Policy
Track Your Metrics is owned by TYM Social data Private Limited. Track Your Metrics was borne out of an idea to serve the hard to reach communities, not for profits and to serve sustainability teams, philanthropists, donors and multi lateral agencies in measuring the impact of their work.
TYM takes the protection of the data given by its customers very seriously and collects, receives, possesses, stores, deals and handles the information in accordance with the present policy.
Track Your Metrics (“TYM”) is a software application tool which enable its’ user to design survey questionnaires and collect data from its Respondents.
TYM was initially set up by our researchers at Outline India, who have spent 7+ years working on 100+ evaluations, in over 9000 villages to improve the efficiency of social programs and to contribute towards better policy making and more efficient fund spend in the social sector.
I.Type of data collected through TYM
The data collected through the Track Your Metrics may include the following types of sensitive or personal information, depending on the impact study being conducted by the user:
- Financial information
- Physical, physiological and mental health condition;
- Sexual orientation;
- Medical records and history;
- Biometric information;
- Information which may relate specifically to a respondent/ subject, which in combination with other information may identify the respondent/subject.
The data regarding a particular person/subject/respondent is derived from questions posed directly to the said person and no personal or sensitive information is collected by TYM which is not directly provided by the person to whom such information pertains.
II.Purpose of collection, storage and use of the information
- TYM is a software application which enables its users to develop survey questionnaires, collect data and analyse the data collected through the application. The data may be used to develop reports or other means of dissemination of information which identify the socio – economic conditions of the persons from whom data is collected.
- TYM requires its users to ensure that the survey questions are designed in a manner such that the personal data collected is adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
- The data collected through TYM is collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes such as those identified above and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes.
- TYM encourages its users to ensure the accuracy of the data collected to the best of their ability.
- Further, the personal or sensitive data collected through TYM is stored for a period of 12 months and, in any event, for a period no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed provided that the data may be stored solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes
- TYM adopts technological security practices to ensure that the data collected is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.
- As a part of its reports or any public release of information, TYM Social Data Private Limited does not identify or specify the person to whom the data relates or from whom the data is collected, in a manner such that the data can be identified with a particular person.
- TYM maintains the confidentiality and/ or requires the maintenance of confidentiality of the personal or sensitive information or data collected from the respondents. Any disclosure of the personal or sensitive information collected through TYM to any third party is based on prior permission obtained by TYM users from the provider of such information.
- TYM’s users obtain consent in writing from the provider of the sensitive personal data or information and inform the users of the purpose of collection of the data or information and the manner in which the date or information will be used.
- While collecting information directly from the person concerned, TYM requires its users to reasonably ensure that the person concerned has the knowledge of:
- the fact that the information is being collected;
- the purpose for which the information is being collected;
- the intended recipients of the information; and
- the name and address of the agency that is collecting the information and the agency that will retain the information.
TYM requires its users, prior to the collection of information including sensitive personal data or information, to provide an option to the provider of the information, to not to provide the data or information sought to be collected.
The provider of information shall at any time, while availing the services or otherwise, also have an option to withdraw its consent given earlier to TYM Social Data Private Limited or TYM users.
Such withdrawal of the consent shall be sent in writing to us on email@example.com.
IV. Review of Information and Grievances
Providers of information may request TYM Social Data Private Limited to allow a review of the information they had provided and ensure that any personal information or sensitive personal data or information found to be inaccurate or deficient shall be corrected or amended as feasible.
Such a request may be made by contacting the Track Your Metrics Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
If any provider of information has any grievance with respect to the data collected, the provider of information may contact the Track Your Metrics Team, the designated Grievance Officer. The complete contact details of the Grievance Officer are given below:
Track Your Metrics Team